Today it is easy to fulfill a dream and get married in Italy. Throughout the world couples wish for something special as a record of their wedding day. It is possible for citizens from all over the world to be united in matrimony in Florence, Fiesole, Greve in Chianti, Siena, San Gimignano, Rome and in other cities of Italy, by a civil law, or religious ceremony. And thanks to the services we offer, the dream will become a reality and be beyond imagination.We can help you organize all the details! Whether you dream of a fairy tale wedding or you simply want a low key wedding but don’t know how to arrange it nor have the time, we will put together a package to fulfill all your needs within your budget.
Legal Requirements to be wed in Italy :
Civil ceremonies by law must take place in a Town Hall or a property purchased by the local government only. The readings of the civil vows are conducted in Italian and are about 15 to 20 minutes long, but you can enrich the wedding however you prefer. After the reading, the rings are exchanged and then the witnesses sign the wedding act as do the bride and groom.
Please note that according to Italian law a divorced woman or a widow cannot remarry unless 300 days have passed from the date of the Decree Absolute or decease of the previous spouse.
The minimum stay required is 4 days before the marriage can take place.
Town Hall ceremonies are conducted Mondays to Fridays between the hours of 9.00 am and 12.00 pm and must be booked in advance.
The following documents are required by the local Registrar:
* No impediment certificate (Nulla Osta) issued by the relevant authorities
* Full birth certificate
* Photocopies of valid passport
* 2 witnesses
* Interpreter (if neither party speaks Italian)
* Registry fee (this varies from one Town Hall to the other and will be communicated on booking).
In Italy a Catholic ceremony can only be performed in a Church and can only be celebrated when both bride and groom are Catholic. If one of the parties is of a different religion, a Catholic wedding is still possible as long as you attend the required pre-marital classes and have the paperwork approved by the religious authorities in Italy. In the case of one of the parties being divorced, the Catholic Church will not allow you to remarry in church. You must have an annulment recognized by the Catholic Authorities.
The following documents are required for a Catholic wedding:
* Declaration from your Pastoral Advisor that both bride and groom are active in the Catholic Church and seriously intend having a religious blessing
* Certificate of Baptism
* Certificate of First Communion
* Certificate of Confirmation
All the above documents must be sent to the Bishop in the city of residence to obtain the ‘Religious Non Objection Declaration’. Once these have been returned to you, they must be forwarded, together with all the documents listed for the civil ceremony to the local Bishop’s See in Italy to obtain the Italian ‘Religious Nulla Osta’.
We require a month as the absolute minimum to give the priest and archbishop in Italy time to review the paperwork.
A symbolic wedding essentially consists of a blessing or a symbolic ceremony.
You can celebrate in a chapel or any other location without limitations or restrictions. Usually the couple who choose this type of ceremony have had a civil ceremony in their home country and wish to renew their vows and got to Italy for a wedding according to Italian tradition, in historic sites or a private setting. These ceremonies, for first-times and re-commitments, can be held in religious chapels as well as any of our elegant Renaissance-era villas, medieval castles, stunning Italian gardens, parks or just about any other location you can think of!
* Wedding in Italy Ceremony: civil, religious or symbolic, includes general planning, required documentation & expert staff on hand to assist you with even the tiniest of details
* Supply (if required) of two compulsory witnesses
* Sale or rental of the white bride’s dress and the groom’s outfit and additional attire if needed
* Flowers: for Venue, Bride, Groom and Guests
* Purchase wedding bands, fashion accessories etc.
* Transportation with driver (Ferrari, Limousine, Rolls Royce, etc.), antique carriage with one or two horses and/or cruise.
* Specialized staff to follow the perfect making of the wedding
* Accommodation in selected cities
* Excursion with or without personal guide for the city tour and museums for couple, wedding party and/or guests.
* Photography Service (with choice of entire or selected shots of the event)
* Video Service (with choice of entire or partial taping of event)
* Wedding Reception (Aperitifs/Cocktails/Hors D’Oeuvres, Full Menu, Buffet etc.)
* Italy wedding venues
* Personalised Wedding Cake
* Music: DJ, sting Quartet, Vocalist with Accompaniment – partial or for entire duration of event
* Celebration “Favors”
* “Shower or Stagette” (Venue, Menu, Favors , etc.)
* Gentleman’s Stag (Venue, Menu, Favors , etc.)
* Jack and Jill (Venue, Menu, Favors , etc.)
* Hair and Makeup, Cosmetician on site
* Romantic Mini Packages before, during or after wedding package
* Finishing details for the couples