ALITOURS INTERNATIONAL INC. 2019/20
Alitours International Inc. from herein will be referred to Alitours, acting as a Tour Operator.
Bookings made with Alitours involve an agreement between you and Alitours plus other suppliers who provide service for which you paid. Alitours does not own, manage, control or operate any transportation vehicle, hotel, resort or other supplier of service and is not responsible for their acts or omissions. The following information and conditions constitute your binding contract with Alitours and its supplier, please read carefully, and understand all the information on this page as it sets out the conditions governing the provision of services.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONTo make your reservation, see your travel agents, or for more information, visit our web site at www.alitours.com
RESERVATION PROCEDURESAlitours accepts booking through travel agents. Customers are responsible for advising their travel agent of their intentions, expectations and needs, as they relate to the proposed travel, before the reservation is completed. Bookings are accepted subject to availability and are considered confirmed once the appropriate non-refundable deposit payments or full payments have been received by Alitours and written confirmation has been issued. Also be sure to read, Refunds & Cancellations.
• Deposit required to activate booking(s): Villa/Apartment 30%* *Certain villas may require a higher deposit amount. Further details provided at the time of booking.
• Air Only: Depending on Airline/Carrier agreement at the time of booking, the Non-refundable deposit amount of $250-350 per person is required, or the amount MUST be paid in FULL and is completely Non-Refundable, however change fees may still apply.
• Published Escorted Tours: $350 or more Non-refundable depending on tour, and time of booking.
• Published Packages or Semi Escorted Vacations: $350 per person or 10% of the TOTAL Package, whichever is greater.
• *For Travel Arrangements with air included, a higher deposit may be required. Group rates vary, and therefore different deposit amounts might apply-and will be advised at the time of request and/or booking.
• Hotels: One (1) to three (3) Night(s) Duration: Total amount for 1 Night Stay. Four 4 night(s) or more: Room total for 2 nights, or 10% of total price (whichever is greater)
• Regular scheduled bus or walking Sightseeing tours, and Excursions of any kind: Paid in Full
• Transfers: Paid in Full
• VIP Private services including long distance transfers and/or custom tours, 10% of total cost Non-refundable depending on tour, and time of booking.
• Other Services: Lessons of any kind, Point-to point train and/or ferry tickets, entrance tickets to sites/venues,Concerts, Live events, and anything not categorized as sightseeing, each have their own terms and conditions. Details provided at the time of booking.
• Car Rental: Reservations made with value of rental less than $499: $50 Non-Refundable amount required upon booking, rentals/bookings of value $500 or more; $100, non-refundable.
PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD PLEASE NOTE
In case of a human or computer billing error, we reserve the right to re-invoice for the correct amount. In the case of payment made over the telephone, the consumer, in authorizing the use of his credit card number by his travel agent and/or Alitours, acknowledges the conditions of the reservation even if he/she has not signed the appropriate form, and agrees to sign the payment form upon request. In failing to concur, his/her reservation will be cancelled and subject to penalties herein indicated under heading “Cancellation Fees”. Verbal authorization given by the customers to the travel agent for the use of a credit card confirms the reservation, whether or not the draft is signed. However, upon request by the travel agent, customers must stipulate in writing that the credit card may be used without their signature. Once a credit card number has been forwarded to Alitours International to guarantee a reservation, the travel agent becomes responsible for payment and must keep a signed copy of the customer’s authorization on file. In the event that the credit card charges are contested, a copy of this authorization must be sent to Alitours International before any decision can be made.
BALANCE OF PAYMENTBalance due is payable 45 days prior to departure (except villas & apartment rentals 60 days prior). For late bookings (within 45 days or 60 days for villa), FULL payment is due immediately.
CHANGE FEESA fee of $50 per transaction will be charged for any alteration or revision made to a reservation. A change of traveler name, tour date or tour itinerary within 45 days of commencement of services will be treated as a cancellation and new reservation; standard cancellation fees apply. Correction in name (whether full or partial) $10.00 fee per person, per change* Not applicable to Air or Car Rental see Cancellations. CHANGE OF DATE: $50.00 fee per booking (additional fees may apply, due to Travel Dates) CHANGE OF SERVICE: (Hotel, Tour, Villa, Apartment, Vacation Package etc.) $50.00 fee per booking (additional fees may apply, due to Travel Dates). ALL OTHER PRODUCTS: Reduced stay and/or expected return, partial or total change on location or “no show”: no refund. EXTENDED STAY: local rates and taxes will apply and must be paid on location. OTHER CHANGES: Please contact your travel agent for details.
TOUR PARTICIPATIONFor the benefit of everyone on your vacation, Alitours reserves the right to accept or reject any person as a tour participant and to remove from the tour any participant whose conduct is deemed incompatible with the interests of the other participants.
TRAVELERS NEEDING SPECIAL ASSISTANCEAny disability requiring special attention must be reported to Alitours at the time a reservation is being made. Alitours will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travelers, but is not responsible for any denial of services by carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other independent suppliers. Most transportation services including the touring motor coach are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. We regret that we cannot provide individual assistance to a vacation participant for walking, dining, getting on and off motor coaches and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion must accompany travelers who need such assistance, and must assume total responsibility for the handicapped participant’s well-being. Motorized scooters are unsuitable for vacations in Europe.
YOUNG TRAVELERSTravelers who are less than 18 years old staying in an accommodation provided by Alitours or on a tour must be accompanied by an adult.
CHILDRENUnless stated otherwise, children’s prices are restricted to children 2-11 years of age at the time of departure, sharing a room with two (2) full paying passengers. Due to heightened security, many countries have adopted practice to prevent international abductions of children. If a child will be traveling with adults other than the parents or with only one parent, it is recommended that a notarized letter be written by the parents or non-traveling parent granting authorization to travel, including the dates of travel. We suggest that you also contact the appropriate consulate and airlines because they may have additional requirements.
SERVICESThe prices quoted and are the published in CAD dollar.
Tours: All TOURS are LAND-ONLY based on the tour selected (flights can be added on request). Tour prices are per person, based on double occupancy. Single room supplements and triple room reductions are listed where applicable.
Prices Do Not Include:
• Personal expenses
• Telephone and data port charges
• Meals and drinks unless otherwise specified as part of a vacation package
• Optional excursions
• Some admission fees (see full itinerary details)
• Some local taxes (on short term car rental)
• Local city taxes mandated by law
Guests need to arrive at the hotel by 6.00 pm in order to participate in any featured Welcome Cocktail/Reception and/or scheduled arrival meet & greet. No refunds are issued for missed Welcome Receptions and meals due to late arrivals, instead your Tour Escort/Director or Local Representative will contact you directly.
Prices Indicated: Prices are quoted in Canadian dollars (CAN$), unless otherwise indicated, and are based upon the prices of service providers, the exchange rate, the cost of fuel, taxes and other fees in force at time of preparation of the present brochure. All prices are valid upon date of publication and are subject to change without notice. Price reductions are applicable to new bookings only. For travel services booked through a travel agent registered in Ontario, where there is an increase in the total price of the Travel Services even after a deposit has been paid and the cumulative increases, except any increase resulting from an increase in retail prices sales tax or federal goods and services tax, is more than seven percent (7%), the customer has the right to cancel the contract and obtain a full refund or opt for comparable alternate Travel Services acceptable to the customer, as long as the price of the product corresponds to the price of the original product, otherwise the difference in price shall be assumed by the client.
Walking Tours: Many of Alitours, vacation packages and itineraries feature walking tours and comfortable walking shoes are recommended for all passengers.
**Some tours may be conducted by multilingual escorts and may include passengers speaking other languages. Longer tours may warrant escorts to be substituted during the tour.
Excursions/Sightseeing & Other Activities: These services are included as per the itinerary and is under the direction of licensed local guides where required. Entrance fees to all places visited are included where indicated. During holidays, some sights such as museums may be closed or unavailable for visits. Alitours reserves the right to vary the sequence of sightseeing and/or to re-route the order of cities should circumstances demand it. In either case, the itinerary content will be maintained; however, the order may change. While on tours, additional sightseeing/excursions may be suggested by your tour director and/or hostess who will provide you the full details these “extras” must be purchased locally (cannot be charged on credit cards). There are no refunds for any unused portion of these sightseeing/ excursion(s). Please see the terminology on page 5 for details and descriptions of activities and inclusions.
**Some sightseeing/excursions may be conducted by multilingual escorts and may include passengers speaking other languages.
Hotels: All Hotels are priced per room, per night unless otherwise indicated, and include VAT tax. Breakfast is included in all hotel stays (indicated by BB*) unless otherwise indicated. Different room types and categories available please see legend pg. 2. All hotels are contracted on a “run of the house” basis. Specific requirements, with regards to room location and other special requests cannot be guaranteed. This is at the discretion of the hotel. Prices vary according to the grade and location of the hotel/property offered. It should be clearly understood that grading the hotel and services are in accordance with standards established in Countries where such hotels and services are supplied. The Operator reserves the right to make substitutions with hotels of similar or higher ratings, however, amenities may not be the same. Accommodations are with private bath or shower, at the hotel selected. A single room may be provided at an additional supplement. In addition, rooms are assigned upon arrival, based on current availability and may vary in size, amenities and location. Generally, triple rooms in Europe consist of two beds with a rollaway set up for a third party. Air conditioning is available at most 3 star and all 4-star or higher hotels. However, foreign air conditioning is not necessarily used according to Canadian/U.S. standards. Air-conditioning is often controlled by each hotel and restricted according to weather conditions or available mid-June to mid-September only. Some tourist-class hotels may have air conditioning available, and some may charge an additional supplement. Please be reminded that in most European cities, Government Officials have approved a city/tourist tax of 1.00-8.00 EURO per person per night, per star rating, mandated by law. This applies to all adult visitors lodging in a villa, apartment, hotel or any other type of accommodation. This tax must be paid in Euro locally, at the time of check-in. Some cities may vary according to weekday or weekends, festivities and/or holidays. There are also a minimum and maximum amount per each stay, at each individual property (for example some cities might cap amount up to 10 nights stay etc.) There may also be reductions for children. If any changes/updates occur while the passenger has departed or occurs during traveling, the current amount is valid, and overrides the amount issued on the travel document.
Transfers: Transfers are either provided (included in the price) OR can be purchased separately. All transfers are based on PRIVATE vehicle unless otherwise indicated. Each “Transfer(s)” are treated differently, each with their own procedures & Terms and Conditions. Please read carefully each detailed description. Round-trip transfers are included where specified, from airports, piers, and train stations to hotels. Such transfers inclusion notwithstanding, passenger is responsible for punctuality on all flights and tour services, consequently lateness will be considered as NO-SHOW and no refund is applicable. For ESCORTED TOUR passengers extending pre-and-post tour dates, or deviating from set schedule, transfers are not included, but may be provided at a supplement. Transfers between points of interest are at passenger’s own expense if not listed as included. Bookings must be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure. At the time of booking, number of passengers, date, time, location and mode of arrival must be provided to Alitours. If the travelers scheduled (flight/air/rail/cruise) arrival, is delayed while travelers are on route, our office/driver will be notified, and driver will wait for travelers. If travelers are arriving by other means at meeting point, then transfer will be deemed cancelled after 45 minutes wait. If clients change routing, carrier or date or arrival information, mode of transportation etc. and do not inform our office/driver within 24 hours with updated information, it will be treated as no show. Drivers will wait for travelers no more than 45 minutes after pick-up time indicated on travelers’ documents. If clients, upon arrival, cannot locate their driver it is their responsibility to contact the driver/local office and then inform us. Failing to contact driver/local representative or our office will result in no show. “No-shows” are totally non- refundable. No exceptions. In the event of unforeseen events Alitours will not be responsible for delayed or cancelled transfers.
BOOKING A SERVICESee above “How to make your reservation.” For your convenience all services can be booked with or without air or hotel, unless otherwise stated. Sightseeing/ Excursions/ Transfers can be booked separately with additional one-time booking fee of $25.00 per booking.
PLAN YOUR BUDGETYou are advised to do this well in advance and be sure to allocate funds for special events whilst on tour, such as theatre, celebration meals, shopping and side trips, and ‘Optional Excursions’.
TRAVEL INSURANCEAlitours recommends that all passengers purchase comprehensive Travel Insurance. Certain European countries have a requirement for foreign visitors to have medical insurance on entry. Alitours cannot be held responsible for denied entry should a passenger be unable to provide details to the authorities of such insurance.
ILLNESS OR ABSENTEEISM
In case you have to withdraw from a tour after it has begun for reasons such as illness, be sure to obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. We regret that we are not able to make refunds for absences from a tour, including but not limited to missed meals or sightseeing.
No refunds or adjustments will be made for portions of the trip not taken or services not used. This includes lodging and transportation rentals.
CANCELLATIONSThe intention to cancel must be communicated in writing by the traveler and provided either to/by a travel agent, or personally to Alitours. Cancellation penalties will be calculated based on the time notification is received by Alitours and are as follows:
Tours: Cancellation received up to 45 days prior to departure- Deposit amount. Cancellation received between 45 and 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total cost per person. Cancellation received less than 30 days prior to departure: 100% of the total cost per person.
Villas/Apartments/Studios: Cancellation received up to 60 days prior to departure – Deposit amount. Unless specifically mentioned cancellation received between 59 and 45 days prior to departure: 50% of the total cost per person. Cancellation received less then 44 days prior to departure: 100% of the total cost per person.
Hotel Only: Cancellation received more than 21 days prior to departure, deposit amount, or 10% of total cost (per person) whichever is greater. Cancellation received between 20 and 15 days prior to departure 50% of the total cost per person. Cancellation received less than 14 days prior to departure or for non-arrival: 100% of the total cost per person.
Regular Scheduled Bus or Walking Sightseeing Tours, and Excursions of Any Kind: Up to 9 days prior to departure 30% non-refundable. Less than 9 days prior totally non refundable-no exceptions.
Transfers: Up to 9 days prior to departure 30% non-refundable. Less than 9 days prior, totally non refundable-no exceptions.
Other Services: VIP Private services including long distance transfers and/or custom tours, pre-built packages or F.I.T,
A la carte, and special itineraries; Cancellation received more then 31 days prior to departure: 30% per person non-refundable. Cancellation received between 30 and 15 days prior to departure 50% of the total cost per person. Cancellation received 14 days prior or less, prior to departure or for non-arrival: 100% of the total cost per person.
Lessons of any kind, Point-to point train and/or ferry tickets, entrance tickets to sites/venues, Concerts, Live events, and anything not categorized as sightseeing, have their own specific conditions, please inquire at the time of booking.
Car Rental: Total car rental less than $499 is $50 non-refundable, rental of $500+ is $100 non-refundable plus 4% administration fee of total charge.
Air: Subject to terms and conditions of Airline rules & regulations contract. Ask your travel agent at the time of booking.
Please Note: For escorted tours, only 1 piece of baggage & 1 carry-on allowed per passenger on our Fully and Semi Escorted Tours. Travelers should consult the airline company prior to departure for baggage allowance. UNLESS INSURED, ALL BAGGAGE REMAINS AT THE OWNERS RISK THROUGHOUT THE TRIP.
SMOKINGSmoking is not allowed on any transportation vehicles provided by Alitours. Most hotels are non smoking, however some lodging may be possible to have smoking rooms, please inquire.
REQUESTSAny special meal/room requirements are made on REQUEST basis only. Alitours cannot GUARANTEE special meal/room, request nor will assume responsibility or liability if client special requests are not fulfilled.
CANCELLATION BY ALITOURS INTERNATIONAL INC.Alitours reserves the right to cancel any booking made. In the event of such cancellation, all money received by Alitours will be refunded in full and shall constitute full settlement.
RESPONSIBILITYAlitours, referred to as the Tour Operator, undertakes the following duties:
1. The Tour Operator shall be responsible to the passenger for supplying the services and accommodations described in this brochure, except where such service cannot be supplied or the itinerary is changed due to delays or other causes beyond the control of the Tour Operator. In such circumstances, the Tour Operator will do their best to supply comparable services, accommodations and there shall be no refund in this connection.
2. This brochure represents the entire agreement between the passenger and the Tour Operator.
3. FORCE MAJEURE: Alitours shall not be liable for failure in the performance of any of its obligations, including without limitation, for any loss or damage resulting from any delay, cancellation, adverse weather conditions, loss of personal belongings, illness, bodily injury, accident, death, deterioration of Travel Services, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, disappointment or frustration, either mental or physical, due to: An act of God or Force Majeure or third party wrongdoing; A war, revolution, insurrection, riot, blockage, terrorism or act of terrorism, or any other unlawful act against public order or authority; Fire, flood, explosion, earthquake, epidemics, pandemic, virus, quarantine, public health emergency, disease outbreak, storm, tropical storm, lightning, hurricane, tornado or tsunami; * Accident to or failure of an aircraft or equipment used in connection therewith, loss of or hijacking of an aircraft, or any shortage of or inability to provide labour, fuel or facilities; Any strike, lock-out, labour dispute or other industrial disturbance whether involving Alitours employees, the employees of its service providers or others upon whom Alitours relies; Any government order, regulation, action or inaction or any failure to obtain the approval of a government authority having jurisdiction in the circumstances as may be required to the conduct of operations here under or any government or legal restraint upon such operation; Others upon whom Alitours relies for the performance of the whole or any part of any Travel Services hereunder; Any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Alitours and any other event not reasonably to be foreseen, anticipated or predicted, whether actual, threatened or reported, which may interfere with the operations of Alitours or of its service providers.
4. Where the passenger occupies a motor coach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the Tour Operator nor their agents or co-operating organizations will be liable for any injury, illness or death or for any damages or claims whatsoever arising from an accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn or the passenger is not seated when the coach is moving at the time of such accident or incident.
5. Transportation companies, airlines etc. are not to be held responsible for any act, omission, or event during the time passengers are not on board planes, transportation, or conveyances. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or transportation companies when used shall constitute the sol contract between the airline transportation company and passenger or purchaser of this tour and Alitours assumes no responsibility in this connection. Enrollment in and payment for a tour shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of the terms and conditions set forth in this brochure, which cannot be varied except in writing by an officer of the Company.
6. All matters concerning this booking shall be subject to the Laws of Canada and legal action arising under the Contract shall be litigated only in the appropriate Court having jurisdiction in that Country, which Court both parties acknowledge to have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any legal action brought hereunder.
7. Every effort is made to ensure brochure accuracy at the time of going to press; however, Alitours cannot be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
ALITOURS REPRESENTATIVE(s) AND PROBLEM HANDLINGLand Arrangements: Alitours representatives or suppliers will be provided with your travel information pertaining to their specific service to be rendered. If clients have any queries or problems, please contact their LOCAL representatives (names and phone numbers are listed on your Alitours travel documents) and/or the hotel while traveling and/or
email@example.com. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOUR RETURN HOME.
CLAIMS & CUSTOMER SERVICEAlitours must be given every opportunity to resolve customer complaints in destination. All concerns must be addressed to the customer service department. Only unresolved customer service issues, which were properly addressed at destination, can be submitted in writing within 15 days after the fact. Include any documents with the correspondence at firstname.lastname@example.org. Claims or demands received after 15 days will not be responded to. Please allow 60 days for processing. All correspondence must be directed through the travel agent of record. Alitours is not responsible for any representation made by travel agent, hotel employees, or suppliers of any kind. No agent or representatives of Alitours may waive any provisions of the terms & conditions. The invalidity of any provision contained herein shall not affect the validity of any other provision.
NOTICE TO TRAVELERSTravelers should be aware that different living standards and practices that might exist outside of Canada including but not limited to: provision of utilities, e.g. water, electricity and air conditioning; accommodations; services of all kinds; food; food preparation and water quality. The TOUR OPERATOR shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, or injury resulting from different living standards.
Living Standards: Customers are asked to bear in mind and accept that living standards, religion, local practices and the political system at the destination, and the conditions there with respect to the provision of utilities, services and accommodations may differ from those found in Canada.
Service Disruptions: Some services including water, electricity, air-conditioning, security, sanitary conditions, pools, beverages credits (when not mentioned in this brochure), restaurants and other services or benefits may be suspended or interrupted partially or completely during the customer’s stay.
Construction: To maintain the quality of services, hotel complexes must regularly undergo maintenance, improvement and renovation work and, in some instances, consider expansion. Whenever construction or renovation work that is likely to interfere with the use and enjoyment of any accommodation is brought to the attention of Alitours, every reasonable effort will be deployed to promptly notify customers, however it cannot be held accountable for any inconvenience caused to the client.
Holidays, school breaks, elections and conventions: Customers may be subject to certain inconveniences, such as cancellation or unavailability of some services, when travelling during periods designated as school breaks, other holidays, elections or conventions. Because these periods vary according to country and relevant authorities, it is practically impossible for Alitours to provide any indication of such dates. Customers acknowledge and solely assume the possible consequences of travelling during these periods.
DOCUMENTATIONA valid Canadian passport is the only reliable and universally accepted evidence of Canadian citizenship. Except as otherwise provided, the Canadian passport is required to travel outside of Canada everywhere and at any time. Certain countries require that the passport be valid for six (6) months beyond the date of return to Canada. It is the full responsibility of customers to obtain at their own expense all necessary travel documents required by all relevant government authorities, and to comply with the laws thereof. One (1) parent travelling with a child under age eighteen (18) may have to obtain a notarized letter of consent signed by the parent not travelling.
PASSENGERS DOCUMENTS FOR SERVICESTravel documents and instructions for joining a tour will be sent to you approximately 14 days prior to departure (providing full payment has been received by ALITOURS) If final payment is not received when due, costs to courier documents will be the responsibility of the Travel Agent/ Traveler.