The Highlights: Knossos Palace & City Walk (from Heraklion)
The capital of King Minos and the center of the magnificent Minoan civilization is located 5kms away from Heraklion. A visit that is taking a step back in time and some 4000 years, 2000 BC. Knossos and the Palace, famous throughout the world through the myths of Europa, the Minotaur, Daedalus and Icarus, opens a window to the most ancient civilization of Europe. The Archaeological Museum is one of the largest and most important museums in Greece, and most important of Europe. It houses representative artifacts from all the periods of Cretan prehistory and history, covering a chronological span of over 5,500 years from the Neolithic period to Roman times. Right after visitors walk around the city to see the Venetian buildings and castle, the impressive Cathedral, the fountains and the open street market.
Duration: +/- 3 hours
Starting time: 09:00 By private car & English speaking driver, with guide
– Pick up & drop off at Heraklion city hotels by deluxe Mercedes sedan car or Mini Van
– Professional driver (English speaking)
– Fuel & transportation insurance
– Escort or Official guide as per above tour
– Any treat, snack or tasting as per above tour
– Entrance fees in archaeological sites-paid on the spot
– Whisper audio guide systems for 6 pax onwards
– For Sundays and National holidays, 115 € supplement for official guide and 58 € supplement for Escort
$ PRICE: Contact us for more info.