SÃO MIGUEL • FLORES • FAIAL • PICO • TERCEIRA
15 DAYS • 14 NIGHTS | DEPARTURES: FEB 02 – OCT 22, 2018
ARRIVAL AT SÃO MIGUEL ISLAND AND DEPARTURE FROM TERCEIRA ISLAND
- 14 nights standard rooms in BB (5 nights Hotel Vila Nova + 3 nights Hotel das Flores + 4 nights Hotel Faial + 2 nights Hotel Angra Garden)
- Arrival & departure transfers between airport or harbour & accommodation as mentioned on the program
- Half day tour to Sete Cidades with Portuguese/English speaking guide
- Full day tour to Furnas with Portuguese/ English speaking guide
- Entrance fee to the Terra Nostra Botanical Garden during the full day tour to Furnas
- Entrance fee at the Monitoring and Research Centre of Furnas
- Lunch of cozido during the full day tour to Furnas
- Full day tour Flores with english speaking taxi driver (without guide)
- Full day jeep tour Faial with english speaking driver/guide
- Lunch during the full day Jeep tour Faial
- Entrance fee to the Interpretation Center of Capelinhos Volcano during the full day tour to Faial (closed: on Mon, and the bank holidays 24, 25 & 31 Dec, 1 Jan, 28 Feb, 14 Apr & 16 Apr)
- Full day tour Pico with English speaking driver (without guide)
- Entrance fee to two museums or 1 museum and the volcanic cave of Gruta das Torres during the full day tour Pico (the museums are: Whalers Museum and Museum of the Whaling Industry)
- Full day Jeep tour Terceira with English speaking driver/guide
- Lunch of “alcatra” during the full day tour Terceira. If the tour is on Sunday it will be a different meal.
- Entrance fee at the volcanic cave Algar do Carv.o during the full day tour Terceira (the cave is open Apr. until Sept only)
- Flight ticket PDL/FLW/HOR/TER with airpass airfare. If it is not possible to apply airpass fare there will be a supplement to the normal airfare (please consult us)
- Boat tickets HOR/PIX/HOR
Price does NOT include:
- Meals other than those mentioned on the program
- Local guide on the islands of Flores & Pico
- Supplement to the normal airfare
- Upgrades to superior rooms
- Supplements to reservations in hotels other than those on the program
COST: FROM $3,080 CAD per person Based on DBL or TWIN
NOTE: Other room type accommodations may be available see below:
Click The Download Button for the Flyer
DAY 1 – SÃO MIGUEL
Arrival at Ponta Delgada. Transfer to Hotel Vila Nova.
DAY 2 – SÃO MIGUEL
Departure to Sete Cidades lakes by the mountain road, where you get a very nice view of the flat part of the island. Stop at “Vista do Rei” belvedere. Visit to the pineapple plantations on the way back. Free afternoon.
DAY 3 – SÃO MIGUEL
Departure from Ponta Delgada to Furnas by the south road. Stop at the Village of Vila Franca do Campo. Arrival in Furnas valley passing by the lake. Visit to the botanical garden (time for a swim in the natural hot water swimming pool) and the hotsprings. (Lunch included). Return by the north coast visiting a tea plantation and the town of Ribeira Grande.
DAY 4 & 5 – SÃO MIGUEL
Free days for activities or relaxing.
DAY 6 – SÃO MIGUEL/FLORES
Transfer to the airport, flight to island of Flores and transfer to Hotel das Flores.
DAY 7 – FLORES
Departure from Santa Cruz, stop at Ribeira da Cruz belvedere. Visit the several lakes “Lomba”, “Funda” and “Rasa”. During the trip from Fajãzinha to Ponta da Fajã Grande there are many beautiful waterfalls. You have the possibility to walk to Poço da Alagoinha (optional), where you have a small lake and you see all the waterfalls from close by (800m walk from the road, around 45 minutes RT, good shoes needed). Visit to “Rocha dos Bordões”, a lava solidification that created a very high vertical fluting. On the return to Santa Cruz, stop at the Caveira belvedere.
DAY 8 – FLORES
DAY 9 – FLORES/FAIAL
Transfer to the airport, flight to Faial. Transfer to Hotel Faial.
DAY 10 – FAIAL
Departure to a Full Day Jeep Tour Faial in direction to Espalamaca, taking the mountain road overlooking the Valley of Flamengos, towards Caldeira, the highest point on the island. Continue north to Capelinhos (the remains of the last volcanic eruption in the Azores, 1957) and visit to the Interpretation Center of the Volcano that shows the evolution of the eruption. Return to the hotel.
DAY 11 – FAIAL/PICO/FAIAL
Transfer to the harbour. Boat trip to Pico Island (30 min). Full Day Pico: Departure from Madalena through the north coast in the direction of Cachorro and Lajido. Continue to S. Roque to visit the Whale Factory and the natural swimming pools. Continue by the mountain road towards the lake of Capitão, at 900m. Stop at Lajes to visit the Whalers Museum. Stop for lunch (not included). Continue along the south coast, short stop at Mistérios de São João, then continue to São Mateus to visit the church. Continue in direction of Criação Velha where Pico’s vinyards are UNESCO World Patrimony since 2004. Return to Madalena. Boat trip to Faial island. Transfer to the hotel.
DAY 12 – FAIAL
DAY 13 – FAIAL/TERCEIRA
Transfer to the airport, flight to Terceira and transfer to Hotel Angra Garden.
DAY 14 – TERCEIRA
Full Day Jeep tour Terceira around the island to visit hidden places out of the usual circuit. Along the coast or inside a volcano, discover the secrets of Terceira. Pass by a pasture and experience milking a cow or learn how wine is made in the village of Biscoitos. During lunch time, taste the delicious ‘Alcatra’, a dish of rump cooked for 12 hours to intensify all flavors and textures at the best typical food restaurant on the island, with a friendly and warm atmosphere. Take the opportunity also to visit the ancient ‘Algar do Carvão’ lava vent. This tour will show the entire island giving a better perception of the island as a whole. Return to the hotel.
DAY 15 – TERCEIRA
Transfer to the airport.
*Itinerary can be modified to end in Saõ Miguel.
FEB 02 – OCT 22, 2018 DEPARTURES:
RATE | DOUBLE from $3,080 to $3,465 | SINGLE / TRIPLE On Req. |
Prices are in CAD Dollars, per person for specified package, in specified room type.
DOUBLE: Based on 2 adults sharing one room (1 Queen/King -OR- 2 Individual Single/Twin Beds as per clients request)
TRIPLE: Based on 3 adults sharing one room (1 Queen/King + 1 Individual Single Bed OR 3 Single Beds as per clients request)
SINGLE: Based on 1 person sharing the room (1 Single Individual bed OR 1 Double Bed depending on availability)
OUR HOTELS (OR SIMILAR)
S. MIGUEL: Hotel Vila Nova
TERCEIRA: Hotel Angra Garden
FAIAL: Hotel Faial
FLORES: Hotel Das Flores
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Guaranteed Departure with minimum two passengers traveling. Rates include all local taxes and are based upon the prices of suppliers, the exchange rates, taxes and other fees in force at the time of publication of this package. Subject to availability. Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply as published catalog tour. Click here for full booking details, policies and terms and conditions.